History

Picture of the LAF cable car cabin from above with a view of the winter forest in the background

Adliswil–Felsenegg cable car (LAF)

2017

Valley station renovation, March–June 2017.

2016

Mountain station renovation, February–June 2016.

2014

60th anniversary with numerous activities.

2011

Opening of Nordic Walking Park.

2010

10 millionth passenger.

2008

Complete modernisation (including replacing the cabins).

2004

50th anniversary, fundraising campaign for renovations.

1997

Renewal of engine and brakes and replacement of haulage rope and track cables.

1994

Introduction of passenger self-service with ticket machines in both stations.

 

1990

Integration into the Zurich transport network (ZVV).

1986

Conversion to automatic operation with television monitoring of the mountain station.

1977

Takeover of the majority of shares and purchase of the property by the Denner company.

1972

Purchase of the Felsenegg property.

1960

Introduction of new 30-passenger cabins and replacement of haulage rope and track cables.

1954

Construction of the cable car; the cabins from the Landi cable car from 1939 could still be used. Opening on 30 December 1954.

1934

Project design for a funicular railway in competition with the Albisbahn at Albispass. Neither project was completed due to lack of funds.

Old picture of the LAF cable car
Old Picture of an Employee welcoming a Customer with a bouquet of flowers
Old Picture of the LAF Adliswil valley station